Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finding True Friends


Finding true friends is like looking for a pin in a haystack. 

Is it really this hard to find a true friend? Maybe. Because you don't have to look for one but instead you can be the one.


If we have to go over each steps on "how-to-become-a-true-friend" we will end up nowhere. There is no  secret formula, only a path to take.

And that path is... the way of love. 

Love never gives up. You don't give up on a friend when times are rough or when their mood swings from one end to another. You'll stick it out even if your reason seems to betray you. 

Love cares more for others than for self. This would be a good reminder, when we seek   to put ourselves first. 

Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, doesn't have a swelled head. It is not about impressing, it's still about expressing your care to the best that you can.

Love doesn't force itself on others. Love puts up on anything and trust God in everything. A friend doesn't force change on the other instead he creates a healthy environment of acceptance and love for change to happen. 

Love celebrates. A true friend celebrates every victory, laughs with every flaws, counts the rising more than the falls, encourages growth and supports new friendships.

True friends. They found me even before I can become one to them. Call me lucky. Call me blessed. Call me happy.

To all my friends, i pay tribute thru this poem. This is my humble way of saying "Thank you!"...



A Tribute To Friendship (Author Unknown)


I love you not only for what you are,
But for what I am when I am with you;
I love you not only for what you have made of yourself,
But for what you are making of me.


I love you not for closing your ears to the discords in me,
But for adding to the music in me by the worshipful listening;
You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign.
You have done it just by being yourself.


Perhaps that is what being a friend means, after all.




----
Note: some lines are taken from 1 Corinthians 13 (the Message Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment