Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beauty and goodness

We don't have to go far to find the treasure we are seeking. There is beauty and goodness right where we are. And only when we can see the beauty and goodness that are close by can we recognize beauty and goodness on our travels far and wide. There are trees and flowers to enjoy, paintings and sculptures to admire; most of all there are people who smile, play, and show kindness and gentleness. They are all around us, to be recognized as free gifts to receive in gratitude. (Henri Nouwen)
It's in the little things. I was once too blinded to see the miracle of beauty around me because I was expecting a display of grandeur.
 
Stop,look and listen. I failed to celebrate the wonders  of everyday life because I was too preoccupied and too busy to notice.


Get out of the box and do something adventurous. I don't know how much of life I missed out because I was too confined with my list of don'ts and befriended my fears. I forgot the beauty of spontaneity and the feel of freedom. 


God made everything beautiful...for a reason.Everything beautiful -including you and me! 
May we not be too blinded to see, too preoccupied to notice and too legalistic to enjoy His wonderful creations!
May we appreciate our love ones in a very special way. May we take time to breathe in the beauty of the sun rising and setting. And yeah, do something a little crazy (out-of-your-league-thingy) today!
This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it! 
-Psalm 118:24


 
photos by Michael Monto
 

No comments:

Post a Comment